Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Dear Kaia



I really enjoyed watchingKaia's first photo essay and reading the other blogs and comments. There is so much new technology out there for us to use. It opens up so many doors to learn. I do not have children yet, but if I did I would be concerned about their safety just like Kaia's dad, Jabiz Raisdana. I think that it is great though that he is not living in fear and that he is exposing his daughter to technology and more importnatly the outdoors.

There are so many kids today who do not play outside. Part of this is due to technology and part is due to their laziness or their parent's laziness.Technology may be part of the reason, but it can not be blamed. Parents need to find a happy medium for their children. They need to let them play outside and spend time on the computer or playing video games.

The commments on each of the blogs were interesting. I aggreed with most of them. I think that the way Mr. C's class did a video story for Kaia is very neat.It just goes to show you that there is much to learn, even from children. This type of new technology will transform education and the way we learn. As Dr.Strange said in one of his comments, it could replace education the way we know it today, or allow it to survive.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you that we do not need to blame technology for the reason our children do not spend enough time outside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about needing to have children spend more time outside. I am a parent and understand Jabiz's feelings! Good Job!

    ReplyDelete