Sunday, October 18, 2009

New Media Literacies



New Media Literacies

The New Media Literacies Video named eleven skills that are needed to function and be productive in todays culture. They are skills that everyone needs to do many things that are required of them today because the average person today is both the producer and consumer of technology.

The eleven skills are: judgement, negotiation, appropriation, play, transmedia navigation, simulation, collective intelligence, performance, distributed cognition, visualization and multitasking. I think that these are skills that everyone needs. I do think that they are skills that are needed to be effective today. I believe that I have the skill of judgement, negotiation, play and multitasking. The way to aquire the skills that I lack is to be open minded and to adapt to the changes that are being made.

The New Media Literacies Project

This site explains more about media literacy and how it is used.

2 comments: