Sunday, November 22, 2009

Mandatory Post

1. I learned a lot in this class. Although many of the things I had to do stressed me out, I did them. I enjoyed doing the blogs. I like to write in a journal, so I think that I will use blogging for more than just making a good grade in this class. When I started this class, I knew nothing about Google Docs. I am glad I learned about that becasue it is something that could be very helpful if I did not have access to Microsoft Office. Doing the podcast was interesting. I don't think its something I'll ever want to do again, but at least now I know how it works. I didn't have a YouTube account before this class, and it may or may not be something that I use again. In my opinion, I did not benefit from the PLN becasue no one that I contacted ever got back to me. I didn't have a Twitter account before this class either. I will not use Twitter after this class because it gets on my nerves! Making a professional blog is something that can be useful. I think it is a great idea. All in all I enjoyed this class. There are some things that I could care less about.

2. There is nothing that I wanted to learn in this class that I did not learn. I think that this class covered alot and maybe it was too much. I had this class one night a week and sometimes it felt like we didn't get to learn as much about some things becasue we had so much to cover in a short period of time.

3. There is not something that I hated so much that I wish that I had not learned about it, but I did not enjoy having to make so many different accounts. I feel like I have an account for everything under the sun!

4. This class did not excite me in any way. I don't really enjoy technology. I do think that it is useful, but it is not something that I get excited about. It's just something I use.

5. There were some challenging things in this class, but not one particular thing. I think I made some of the things seem harder than they were. I tend to stress easily and get overwhelmed when I do not know how to do something, or I have to do something new. I made it though!

6. I was not bored in this class. It kept me quite busy.

7. If I could change something about this class, I would have seperate classes for elementary and secondary ed majors so that we could focus more on how to use the technology with the age group we will be working with. Using technology with seniors in high school is way different than using it with kindergarteners!

8. I am somewhat technologically literate. I would say I'm probably medium.

9. I will maintain my technologyical literacy throughout my time in college and when I start teaching by using the knowlege I've learned to complete projects, keep up with classmates, learn from others, and gather information. I will make it a habit to take advantage of some of the things that I learned about, like Google Docs.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed teaching you very much, you are a good student. Just remember that technology is a tool, people don't always use the same tools, just learn the ones that help you.
    :=)) Bye

    ReplyDelete