Sunday, August 23, 2009

Vicki Davis: Harness Your Students Digital Smarts

This video shows just how much education can benefit the classroom. Although I am not good with computers and I do not like them very much, I can see how helpful the new technology can be and how it will one day benefit my classroom when I become a teacher. It will make it easier for parents and teachers to communicate and will also benefit the students. After watching this video I feel like a have much to learn, but I know that it will be for my benefit and for the benefit of my future students.
Teachers like Mrs. Davis are using every possible tool they can to enhance their students' learning experience. I think that this is a good thing, but I also think that there is a point when it can go to far and can become overwhelming for some students. Many children these days are growing up using computers, which makes it come natural for them, but for others that may not be the case. If used in the right way many of the new technological gadgets will be an enhancement to the education system in our country.
With the use of technology, there is a lot of information and many tools at students' fingertips. It will make projects, reports, and homework easier for students to complete. However, if the technology is something that not all children have access to when they leave the school, it can become an advantage for some students over others. Overall I thought that this video was helpful in opening my eyes to new technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment